We want our people to develop continuously. That’s why we offer employees an extensive selection of professional and personal development opportunities. Our aim? To create an organization of certified specialists.
Once you join, you’ll find all the opportunities you’d expect from a global company. We have on-site training programs, an online learning portal, further education opportunities, loads of on-the-job training and the chance to gain certifications for your role. As part of our Road Safety Code, we also offer driver-training courses and other traffic-safety programs.
What’s more, you can also transfer between corporate divisions or even apply for international assignments.
These figures relate to myTalentWorld usage in 2022 alone for all UKI DSC Colleagues and all Training Items (including Certified):
- 13622 Active Learners
- 13.3 average course completions per person
- 38108 Colleagues attended an Instructor Lead Classroom session booked through myTalentWorld (including Virtual and Face to Face)
- 89576 Online Line Courses completed (self-lead training)
- Colleagues viewed 23586 Films
- 647 Certified sessions delivered in 2022
- 8502 delegates attended a Certified course in 2022
- CSCS Foundation, Leadership Essentials, Team Leadership & Coaching, Presenting with Impact, TTF Foundation and Operational Essentials were best performing courses with above 70% attendance
- No charge for training so the cost / investment would be an average hour rate X3 days. We do have all sorts of levels and pay scales on the course so maybe average this at £30 an hour
Emerging Talent - Apprenticeships
- Total paid in to Apprenticeship Levy = £6,222,544
- Total levy spent on payments to Learning Providers for Apprenticeships = £1,594,685
- Estimated number of learning hours in 2022 across all apprenticeships = 75,960 hrs ( 447 individual apprentices )
- 138 of DHLSC employees were upskilled through an Apprenticeship
- 18 new Apprentices were hired
- 67 apprentices gained a qualification through the completion of an apprenticeship
- 44 different Apprenticeship standards now available at DHLSC. Examples - HR, Supply Chain, Data, Transport, Finance, Sales, Procurement, Engineering, Maintenance
- Ranging from Level 3 qualifications through to degree Level 6